Re: Grace notes with fixed spacing

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Grace notes with fixed spacing
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 16:27:15 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sven Axelsson" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 4:17 PM

On 29 December 2010 17:00, Phil Holmes <address@hidden> wrote:

You might also want to look at the information about proportional notation:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/proportional-notation

Also you could consider using small normal notes rather than grace notes -
this way the time interval occupied by the note is maintained.

Yes, there are lots of interesting things you can do with Lilypond.
Proportional notation, however, is exactly the opposite of what I
want. I really need the grace notes to be spaced as tightly as
possible without any regard to their duration. I am currently playing
around with SpacingSpanner.spacing-increment for this. No luck so far
though.

Please reply-all, to keep any discussion on the newsgroup.

I was aware that you weren't trying to use proportional spacing, rather the opposite, but thought there might be some handy pointers there.

--
Phil Holmes