Re: beamExceptions and shorter notes

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: beamExceptions and shorter notes
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 18:42:56 +0100

On 29 December 2010 18:34, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> If you look at the default beaming rules defined in
> scm/time-signature-settings.scm, you'll see that there is a beam ending rule
> for (1 . 8) (4 4) followed by a beam ending rule for (1 . 12) (3 3 3 3).
>
> This makes the 1/8 beam ending rule apply only to 1/8; for all shorter
> beams, the 1/12 beam ending rule applies.
>
> [...]
>
> Whenever anybody has a question about setting beam rules, the first place to
> look is probably scm/time-signature-settings.scm.

Right!
Actually I was looking at  scm/time-signature-settings.scm  when I was
writing this message (and before also of course)!
But I did not think at the effect of this second rule.

It seems so obvious now that you mention it!

Thanks a lot for this quick and useful answer!

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>