Re: Grace notes with fixed spacing

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Grace notes with fixed spacing
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:20:34 +0100

On 29 December 2010 18:10, Sven Axelsson <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, rtfm:ing and testing a bit further.
>
> I created a music function like this:
>
> pgrace = #(define-music-function (parser location notes) (ly:music?)
>  #{ \newSpacingSection
>     \override Score.SpacingSpanner #'spacing-increment = #0.9
>     % override Score.SpacingSpanner #'strict-grace-spacing = ##t
>     \grace $notes
>  #}
> )

Just a hint.
Instead of defining your own music function you could change the default
behaviour of grace notes by redefining the variables startGraceMusic,
stopGraceMusic (defined in the file  ly/grace-init.ly ) to include this
 \override  within the definition of  \grace .
In this way you can continue using normal  \grace  command without
having to call your function every time.

BTW I think you should consider  Score.GraceSpacing  instead of
 Score.SpacingSpanner  (just an idea).
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/internals/gracespacing

> Does anyone here have a clue of what magic settings I could plug into
> the music function to get the desired non-stretchable spacing? Or
> maybe it isn't even possible?

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Xavier