Re: SpacingSpanner #'base-shortest-duration doesn't work as expected? Co

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: SpacingSpanner #'base-shortest-duration doesn't work as expected? Compressing a score horizontally
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 11:18:01 +0100

2010/12/30 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>:

> Hi,
>
> I want to compress the score in attachment horizontally, in particular
> i want the sixteenth coloraturas to be packed more dense. I added
> \context {
>        \Score \override SpacingSpanner  #'base-shortest-duration =
> #(ly:make-moment 1 4)
> }
> and nothing happened. Looks like i can only widen the spacing (
> #(ly:make-moment 1 32) has an effect on the score).
> Is it supposed to work like that?

In this case you could consider decreasing
  SpacingSpanner #'shortest-duration-space
to a value lower than #2.0

I don't know how to explain that but maybe defining
 'base-shortest-duration  to a value of longer duration than actual
common shortest duration do not have the effect of compressing the
score.  Hence my suggestion to decrease  'shortest-duration-space
instead.

Cheers,
Xavier

--