Re: Staff change in piano music - a general approach?

From: Tobias Braun
Subject: Re: Staff change in piano music - a general approach?
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 03:46:05 +0100

Yes, you perfectly understood me. But using chords is totally impractical for
me as I already have the individual voices as LilyPond code.

I tried as you described below and I'm getting a little closer. However, there
are still some problems, one of which you can see in the attached example: the
final chord consisting of two eighth notes actually looks like a sixteenth note
chord.

\override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t
is just to suppress the collision warnings, right?

Regards,
Tobias

% example

\version "2.12.3"

global = {
        \clef treble
        \time 2/2
        \key g \dorian
}

soprano = \relative c''' {
        \voiceOne
        g4 g d4. e8 |
}

alto = \relative c'' {
        \voiceOne
        b4 c b4. c8 |
}

tenor = \relative c'' {
        \voiceTwo
        g4 g g2 |
}

\score {
        \new Staff <<
                \global
                \override NoteColumn #'ignore-collision = ##t
                \new Voice { \soprano }
                \new Voice { \alto }
                \new Voice { \tenor }