Re: unmetered music - page breaks and empty bar lines

From: Peter Van Kranenburg
Subject: Re: unmetered music - page breaks and empty bar lines
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 15:39:59 +0100

On 1/2/11 3:17 PM, Frauke Jurgensen wrote:
Oddly, I'm dealing with the exact same problem just now! Like you,
I've set a metre and then set the default bar line type to empty.

Simply removing the Bar_engraver will lead to disaster, although it
will make all the notes evenly spaced...The clefs on subsequent
systems will disappear. Now sure why yet. Section 3.2.9 of the
Internals
Reference gives all the properties of bar lines that you can mess
with; I'll report on what I find out.

I tried to adjust kern, thin-kern, several parameters in space-alist; all without success. The descriptions are too sparse for me to get the full meaning of the properties.

--- off topic ---

Out of interest, what are you working on? It looks somewhat familiar...

It's organ music. A trio in French Baroque style, part of a Magnificat suite, composed by a friend of mine.

Saw your Bach article in CIM 15, btw; nice work!

Thanks.

Looking forward to meet you in Aberdeen.

Best regards,
Peter

Regards,
Frauke

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM, Peter Van Kranenburg