Re: unmetered music - page breaks and empty bar lines

From: Peter Van Kranenburg
Subject: Re: unmetered music - page breaks and empty bar lines
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 16:34:06 +0100

On 1/2/11 3:54 PM, Neil Puttock wrote:
On 2 January 2011 13:33, Peter Van Kranenburg
<address@hidden>  wrote:

At the beginning of the music I do: \set Timing.defaultBarType = ""

So, I set the music with meter - providing lilypond many good points to
insert line breaks - and I make all barlines empty and hide the meter. The
problem is that the (empty) bar lines still occupy space, causing the notes
to be spaced unevenly (see attached example - the bottom part is where the
bar lines are when they are not empty. The space before the final note is
really bad).

If you upgrade to 2.13, you'll find that empty barlines don't take up any space.

Indeed. This makes me very happy! Thanks a lot!

One final question - maybe trivial - but I am not able to figure out what the equivalent of

\set Timing.defaultBarType = ""

in the layout block should be.

best,
Peter