testing lilydev

From: Graham Percival
Subject: testing lilydev
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 06:38:42 +0000

We think that we've finished creating our Ubuntu LilyPond
Developer Remix (lilydev; formerly know as lilybuntu).  It would
be helpful if more people could test the latest version.  Begin
here:
  http://lilypond.org/help-us.html
and look under "advanced tasks".

One note: the current iso image contains a pdf on the desktop.  Do
NOT read that pdf; it is old and will be removed in the next
version.
(this is the only known problem with the current version of
lilydev.  It seems a bit silly to upload 800 megs just to fix that
one problem, so I'm hoping that we can discover a few more
problems with iso to fix in the next version.  Alternately, if
we're certain that the current lilydev is great, then we'll go
ahead and do the upload, but with confidence that we won't need to
upload it again in a few days)

Cheers,
- Graham