Re: Accidental and clef change issue

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: Accidental and clef change issue
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 10:29:44 +0100

On 4 January 2011 00:35, James Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems, at least according to section 1.1.3 on accidentals, that this is
> intended behavior:
> default
>
> This is the default typesetting behavior. It corresponds to
> eighteenth-century common practice: accidentals are remembered to the end of
> the measure in which they occur and only in their own octave. Thus, in the
> example below, no natural signs are printed before the b in the second
> measure or the last c:

No, this is not the same case.
In NR 1.1.3 there is no clef change.

And according to this rule that  "accidentals are remembered to the end
of the measure in which they occur and only in their own octave"
the c-natural in the second measure of my code _MUST_ be printed,
because it is in the same octave as the first note of the measure (cis2)
although written in a different clef.

Otherwise (as it is now, i.e. without printed natural) we should
conclude that the second note is a c-sharp also.
"accidentals are remembered to the end of the measure in which they
occur and only in their own octave"
_This is not the case_  We want a c-natural: the natural _MUST_ be
printed.

Cheers,
Xavier

--