Re: Bug in 2.13.44-1?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: Bug in 2.13.44-1?
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 08:47:17 -0600

On Jan 4, 2011, at 12:11 AM, James Bailey wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2011, at 6:52 AM, Tim McNamara wrote:

>>> I don't know what editor you use,
>>

>> Emacs 23, Aquamacs or Fraise (the current form of Smultron).
>>

>>> but usually when the error message points to something in init.ly, the
>>> culprit is usually a missing brace.
>>

>> For me the same files compile in 2.12.3 and fail in 2.13.4 without any
>> changes to the files.  The problem only seems to exist if I am using
>> \chordmode.  The error message is consistent, as pasted into previous posts.
>>  Seemed odd to me.  But maybe it's a local problem somehow, since it doesn't
>> seem to replicate for other folks.  Since 2.12.3 works, that's what I'm
>> sticking with.
>>
>> Thanks!

Error in note above- 2.12.2 is what works for me, not 2.12.3.  D'oh.

> Given that there's been a paste which was incomplete, can you make a file
> (which consists of a minimal example), compile it, see that the error occurs,
> and then paste that entire file? I really would hate to have a bug go
> unreported because of faulty reporting.

Sure, since all of my .ly files fail to compile with 2.12.3 that's easy.
Here's a whole file that fails for me.  There's no melody notated as of yet,
which simplifies things.

\version "2.12.2"

#(ly:set-option 'delete-intermediate-files #t)

\paper {
    indent = 0.0
    ragged-last = ##f

}

\header {
  title = "Finn McCool"
  subtitle = "Concert Instruments"
  composer = "McNamara"
  meter = "Swing Ballad"
  copyright = "Tim McNamara 2010, All Rights Reserved"
}

harmonies = \chordmode {

r8
% 1
bes2:min7 ges2:7
des1:maj7
bes2:min7 ges2:7
des1:maj7

% 5
bes2:min7 ges2:7
bes2:min7 ees2:7
ees2:min7 aes2:7
des1:maj7

% 9
ces1:min6
ges1:maj7
ces1:min6
ges1:maj7

% 13
ces1:min6
ges1:maj7
aes1:7
des1:maj7

}

melody = \relative c' {
\override Staff.TimeSignature #'style = #'()
\time 4/4
\clef treble
\key des\major

% 1