Re: problem with png-file and lilypond examples in a latex-file

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: problem with png-file and lilypond examples in a latex-file
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 12:18:50 +0100

Der Drnytro,
I've tried it with the following minimal example.
When I uncomment the line
% \pause\begin{figure}
%  \centering
%  \includegraphics[height=5 cm]{./hexachorde.png}
% \end{figure}
I get an error message!
I've compiled it with:
mkdir -p out/
lilypond-book --pdf  $1.tex --output=out
cd out/ &&
pdflatex "$1".tex
mv "$1".pdf ../
cd ../ &&
rm -r out/
Here is the minimal example:

\documentclass[]{beamer}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage{array}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\hypersetup{pdfpagelabels=true}
\usepackage{default}
\usepackage{xspace}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\newcommand{\farbtext}[2]{%
\begingroup\color{#1}#2\endgroup%
}%
\title{ Title } %
\date{ }
\author{Stefan Thomas }
\begin{document}
\maketitle
\begin{frame}
 \frametitle{Frametitle }
This is a text about hexachords.
% \pause\begin{figure}
%  \centering
%  \includegraphics[height=5 cm]{./hexachorde.png}
% \end{figure}
\pause This is an musical example: \\
\pause
\begin[staffsize=12]{lilypond}
 \version "2.12.2"
\relative { c1 d e f g a }
\end{lilypond}

\end{frame}

\end{document}

2011/1/5 Dmytro O. Redchuk <address@hidden>
On Wed 05 Jan 2011, 11:11 Stefan Thomas wrote:
> Dear community,
> I have a problem with including a png-file in a latex document, which also
> has lilypond-examples, that I process with lilypond-book.
> I think, it could have to do with the graphics-package of latex.
> The fact is, when I don't use figure environment, that document will be
> compiled without a problem.
> Does someone have a recommandation?
If you use pdflatex and graphicx and "lilypond-book --pdf ..." -- i believe
everything there should be fine.

Or, if you can't do that for some reason (let's say you need ps) -- you can
either convert png to eps or "declare graphics rule" to convert png to eps on
the fly, i guess.

--
 Dmytro O. Redchuk
 Bug Squad

 Be careful! These are some commonly used abbreviations:
  • LM -- Learning Manual
  • NR -- Notation Reference
  • IR -- Internal Reference

 Look at LilyPond’s documentation to find more.