RE: pdf creation and memory management.

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: pdf creation and memory management.
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 23:05:23 +0000

Hello
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of Matthias Kilian address@hidden
Sent: 06 January 2011 21:53
To: Nick Payne
Cc: address@hidden

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 07:44:16AM +1100, Nick Payne wrote:
> Given how cheap RAM is these days (around $10/Gb), it sounds as though
> it would be worth your while doubling or quadrupling the RAM to
> eliminate the swapping to disk.

`RAM/Disk is cheap' is the favorite excuse of lame developers. (Or
the appropriate hint from hosting providers whose customers hire
lame developers).

---

Yes you're quite correct of course...

And so I am going to read the rest of this email for the solution you give...

Oh wait...

Sorry I expect that I need to go to the dev  list for the patch that you have
submitted...

Oh wait...

> ps: and how do I get those 1GB module installed in my zaurus cl3200?

and when you get an answer, can someone let me know how I can get 1GB in my
Toaster too?

Your point being what exactly?

Sometimes if you can't say something constructive then it's better to just shut
up.

Or maybe you were trying to make some other point in which case you're either
on the wrong email list by mistake or you're just teasing us with the
zinger-of-an-ending!

Regards

James