Re: Fingering Markup Override

From: lunar7
Subject: Re: Fingering Markup Override
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 10:20:50 +0900

Thanks James,

The fingering markup works great for single notes (regular non-markup makes numbers a tad too big). But I seem to get an error for noteheads within chords "cannot add text scripts to individual note heads".

Anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks!

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 3:15 AM, James Bailey <address@hidden> wrote:

On Jan 7, 2011, at 10:49 AM, lunar7 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My Max/MSP Lilypond input patch is going well but I'm stuck on one feature I wanted to include.
>
> I have a set of three tables per key signature I am referring to in the event a user wants to use the less likely options for how to notate a note given its MIDI pitch (i.e. note number 60 could be c, but also a bis or deses). If a user wants to toggle between options, to do this I want to initially markup the notes with "index" numbers using fingering markup for an unintended purpose. To my amazement, without overriding the fingering markup command accepts numbers up to 9, but anything two digits or above produces an "unexpected string" error.
>
> Is there a way I can override this to tag a note with any number I want? Then users can specify the note numbers they want toggled to alternate versions.
c4^"999999"

if you want it to look like fingering, c^\markup \finger {9999999}.

Hope this helps