Re: function looksSlower from LSR produces many warnings

From: Marc M
Subject: Re: function looksSlower from LSR produces many warnings
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 10:30:18 -0800 (PST)

Marc M wrote:

> I am using the function looksSlower from the snippet
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=305
> and when i use it, it produces many warnings such as:
> - warning: stem does not fit in beam
> - warning: beam was started here

As a matter of fact, I get the same warnings without the function but with
\stemUp with the code:
\version "2.13.45"
\language "english"
\score {
  \relative g' {
    << { \stemUp g, }
    \\ { \stemUp d' }
    \\ { \stemUp b' }
    \\ { \stemUp g' } >>

Not clear why because the music looks ok.

it's also not clear why \stemUp is necessary with voices while the stems are
in the right direction when we just print a chord:
\version "2.13.45"
\language "english"
\score {
  \relative g' {
    <g, d' b' g'>4

These are just warnings but when typing a long score this is really
confusing when troubleshooting issues.