Re: why chords with notes of different duration is not supported?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: why chords with notes of different duration is not supported?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 06:15:47 +0100 (CET)

[About chords which contain notes of different durations, sometimes
seen in string music.]

> If the notes are all attached to the same voice why not allowing:
>
>   << g,4 d'4 b'4>> ?

If at all, the syntax would be e.g.

  <g,8 d'4 b'2>

and the chord's duration would be the maximum of the single note's
durations.

This syntax extension looks quite natural to me.  Perhaps it makes
sense to add it to the tracker as an enhancement request?  I've CCed
bug-lilypond.

    Werner