Re: label and page-ref within music

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: label and page-ref within music
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 16:44:47 +0000

On 14 January 2011 13:27, Jan-Peter Voigt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Labels are used to create the table of contents and I use them in my little
> footnote snippet ( http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=728 )

Very nice. :)  With a bit more work, it might make a suitable fix for issue 737.

> When I later try to fetch the page-number from the lable-table
> (ly:output-def-lookup layout 'label-page-table), the table does not contain
> an entry label if it was *not* created on a barline.
> What do you think about this?

It's a bug.  Labels are only collected from`used' columns which aren't
`loose'.  Effectively this means any column at a barline (except \bar
"" in 2.13, which is also marked as loose).

All unused columns are pruned before page layout occurs, so any useful
information they might carry is discarded.

> I post this to user and devel, so if there is a solution or explanation let
> me know, if this is a bug discuss it for the bug-tracker.

I'll add an issue shortly.

Cheers,
Neil