Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:58:46 +0100

Graham,

2011/1/19 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:28:38PM +0100, Jan Warchoł wrote:
>> 2011/1/19 Mike Solomon <address@hidden>:
>> > It may be worth it to add this to the issue tracker and get this fixed in
>> > one of the first 2.14 bug fixes (if not 2.14 itself) - thoughts?
>>
>> In my opinion this issue is important and potentially widespread, and
>> as such it should be considered a high priority one.
>
> In my opinion, I don't care about your opinion, but I *do* care
> about evidence of bugs.  Please submit a bug report and let's get
> it in the tracker.  Doubly so if it's a regression.
>
>> I suppose that's what we should do: release 2.14 and fix this issue
>> thoroughly soon after that.
>
> If there's an actual regression, make a bug report.  If you don't
> do it now, then somebody else will do it 12 days after we release
> the final release candidate, and we'll have to scrap the release
> plans and it'll be much more disheartening to have it happen then.
>
> If necessary, we can pretend that it's deliberate (after noting it
> in the Changes document), call it a non-regression, make it
> non-critical, and have a release.  That's no reason to not submit
> a good bug report about it now.

Sorry for that.
Indeed i thought that vertical spacing is simply intended to work this
way and that it's not a bug. I thought that this would just be an
enhancement suggestion, with slight chances to have a high priority.
Clearly i'm wrong.
I'll investigate and report it tomorrow.

2011/1/19 Keith OHara <address@hidden>:
> I started a lyrics template and shortcuts, but do not use lyrics myself, so I
> am wandering a bit aimlessly when I work on it.

It sits on my to-do list for some time now... Sorry about that. I'll
try to find more time and investigate.

Janek