Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Odd vertical spacing of lyrics
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:02:44 +0000

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 11:49:01PM +0100, James Bailey wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2011, at 10:53 PM, Graham Percival wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 10:28:38PM +0100, Jan Warchoł wrote:
> > Please submit a bug report and let's get it in the tracker.
> > Doubly so if it's a regression.
>
> Exactly this reasoning was the reason for my question, "what
> advantages does the new lyric spacing offer?" I think if we
> understand this, we can understand how to explain it, and make
> it easy for people to understand what needs to change and how.

Yes, but I think the first step to understanding it is to have a
Tiny example in the tracker.  If you have a Tiny example (ideally
without tweaks) that looks good in 2.12 and looks...
"different"... in 2.13, then we can discuss whether that
"different" is better or worse.

Maybe the solution will be code.  Maybe the solution will be
better documentation.  Maybe the solution will merely be adding
one sentence to the Changes document saying "yeah, it's changed;
deal with it".

I'm not pre-judging which option is the best, nor which one we'll
take -- but any of those cases should begin from a Tiny example in
the bug tracker.

(and if you cannot produce a lyric example which is "different"
without using tweaks, then that itself is an interesting data
point, and which could serve to narrow the focus of the
discussion)

Cheers,
- Graham