Re: horizontal beams

From: James Lowe
Subject: Re: horizontal beams
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 23:23:26 +0000

Lj

-----Original Message-----
From: <address@hidden>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:44:50 -0200
To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>

>"Dmytro O. Redchuk" <address@hidden> escribió:
>

>>   \override Beam #'details #'round-to-zero-slope = #0
>>   \override Beam #'details #'damping-direction-penalty = #0
>>
>> I've added these two, and it seemed to work.
>
>thank you, dmytro. yes, it seems to work (except for kneed beams, but
>i manually avoided them). perhaps this could be added to the manual?

We don't add \overrides (i.e tweaks) to the manual directly. I suggest
adding something to the LilyPond Snippet Repository (LSR) as a start if
you think this is something that will help other users.

>for my part, i think it would be a good idea to add a simple
>expression to lilypond (with a robust function behind it) to get
>horizontal beams. do others agree with this? i think it's a common
>situation, and a specific syntax would be a better solution than three
>lines of manual tweaks.

However where are you getting the three lines of syntax from?

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=375

Shows you how to use one does it not?

James