4-lines staff, and Vaticana clefs

From: Pierre Chépélov
Subject: 4-lines staff, and Vaticana clefs
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 01:08:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I'm trying to use Mensural notation with only four lines staves:

\override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count = #4

This works, but the regular [i.e. Mensural] clef is then shown on a space,
not on its proper line.
When using a Vaticana clef instead:

\clef "vaticana-fa1"

then it is correct (on the line).

I also tried using a Mensural (or a modern) clef in a VaticanaVoice, then
also the clefs are shown on a space instead of a line.

Indeed, the Vaticana or 4-lines staff tool seems to take a regular 5-line
staff, and replace its lines by spaces and its spaces by lines. And the
Vaticana clefs are designed to be on a normal staff's spaces...
Musically, this is a nonsense: the 4-line staff should be a 5-line staff
without the 5th line! , And it forbids to mix the notations.

Is there any solution for that?

One other thing:
the "vaticana-fa1" clef is a F (fa) clef on the 2nd line, while
the "vaticana-fa2" clef is a F (fa) clef on the 3rd< line.
This is not logical! IMHO they should be renamed "vaticana-f2" and
"vaticana-f3".
The "italiano" name "fa" for F is not a correct note name in that musical
context − F's complete name being "F fa ut" in the solmistic sytem.
Of course, same problem occurs for the vaticana "do" (C) clefs.

(In fact, I just switched from Mensural to the experimental BlackMensural,
but problems are the same.)

Thanks for any advice!
Pierre