Re: Converting .nwc files to .ly

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Converting .nwc files to .ly
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:17:55 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Xavier Scheuer" <address@hidden> To: "Michael Dykes" <address@hidden>; "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 10:41 AM

On 22 January 2011 11:27, Michael Dykes <address@hidden> wrote:

How do I take a nwc (under wine) file & convert it to a ly file? I have
tried Rosegarden (the results are not good -- note values are off, lyrics
are not in the correct place, etc), and with Denemo, I just get a score with
key signature and that's all. Thanks in advance for the help.

Apparently Phil Holmes made NWCTXT2Ly, Converting Noteworthy songs to
LilyPond (improvement of NWC2LY).
http://www.holmessoft.co.uk/homepage/software/nwc2ly/

I'm sure he could give you better advice than me.

Cheers,
Xavier

--
Xavier Scheuer <address@hidden>

The only thing I could add is that the version I use has a number of features that aren't in the download, in case Michael has other requirements in the translation.

--
Phil Holmes