Is \repeat volta 2 in treble clef enough for repeat bar in bass clef as

From: Disc Magnet
Subject: Is \repeat volta 2 in treble clef enough for repeat bar in bass clef as well?
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 20:25:21 +0530

I have a PianoStaff

\score {
    \new PianoStaff <<
        \set PianoStaff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"
        \new Staff {
            \treble
        }

        \new Staff {
            \clef "bass"
            \bass
        }

    \midi { }
    \layout{ }
}

My treble is defined as:

treble = {
   \intro
    \repeat volta 2 {
        \part1
        \part2
        \part3
        \part4
    }
   \ending
}

I want to know whether the repeat line would be drawn right from the
treble clef through the bass clef? I tested this and the answer seems
to be 'yes'. I want to know if this is a reliable and defined behavior
or there is a more correct way of doing this (like using \repeat volta
2 separately for treble as well as bass clef?) ?