Re: \repeat volta 2 {} doesn't repeat notes in the .MIDI file

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: \repeat volta 2 {} doesn't repeat notes in the .MIDI file
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:02:36 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Disc Magnet" <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2011 3:49 PM

I have the following LilyPond file:

\score {
   \new PianoStaff <<
       \set PianoStaff.midiInstrument = "acoustic grand"

       \new Staff {
           \tempo 4 = 120
           \relative c' {
               c e g e
               \repeat volta 2 {
                   c f a f

   \midi { }
   \layout{ }
}

However, in the midi generated only 8 notes are played: C E G E C F A F.

I expect a total of 12 notes to be played: C E G E C F A F C F A F.

How can I make the repeat effective in the MIDI file as well?

Have you looked in the Notation Reference section "3.5.4 Repeats in MIDI"?

--
Phil Holmes