Re: NR 2.1.2 Lyrics and repeats, improvement proposals

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: NR 2.1.2 Lyrics and repeats, improvement proposals
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:02:16 -0000

Xavier Scheuer WROTE Thursday, November 11, 2010 11:04 AM

Actually I find the advise to have to use  \skip "number of notes"
really "tricky", not user-friendly at all!
The same for the suggestion to use a temporary voice for the repeated
section.

I have been able to achieve the same (desired) result using some kind of "nested Lyrics" (similarly to nested staves, cf. NR 1.6.2 Ossia staves). These nested Lyrics expressions do not require the trick to use \skip
or temporary voices anymore.

Thanks Xavier!  I've now incorporated your suggestions in the docs.

Trevor