Re: Extracting only lyrics and chords

From: Jürgen Ibelgaufts
Subject: Re: Extracting only lyrics and chords
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 04:32:09 -0800 (PST)

That's what I also thought about. But making objects transparent still lets
them occupy their space. This will result in a gap between the lyrics (below
the staff) and the chords/frets (above the staff). If it were possible to
shrink this gap to zero, using transparency would be a good solution.

When I remove the engravers, lilypond seems to behave like this: the lyrics
and notes seem to keep in sync until a tie or a slur occurs. It seems to me
that the notes themselves still are somehow "present" to keep the lyrics
connected, but ties and slurs are ignored, the tied notes will behave like
separate notes rather than "one" note.

So, we now have two half-working solutions...

Cheers
Jürgen