Re: incorrect displaying of Arabic text

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: incorrect displaying of Arabic text
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:10:16 -0700

On 1/29/11 7:45 AM, "James Samir Ismail" <address@hidden> wrote:

>> The first thing to do is to run the specified command from a terminal
>> window:
>>
>> lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x
>>
>> You said before that "it didn't work".  We don't know what that means, so we
>> can't help you.
>
> This is what it means:
>
> Zamzam:bin samir$ ./lilypond -dshow-available-fonts x
> GNU LilyPond 2.12.3
> warning: not relocating, no 2.12.3/ or current/ found under
> /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/share/lilypond/
> ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
> ERROR: Unable to find file "lily.scm" in load path
> Zamzam:bin samir$
>
>> You should execute the command, and then report on the results.  Preferably
>> with a copy of the output that went to the terminal window.
>>
>> Once we get that, we can start to troubleshoot the problem you're having.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Car
>
> Is there a different way I should be executing this? I'm runing MacOS 10.6,
> Lilypond v2.12.3.

I don't use the installed version of LilyPond on my Mac, because I wanted to
be able to build it.  So my advice may be somewhat suspect.

Have you tried running lilypond without the ./ in front of it?  In other
operating systems, lilypond installs with a path variable that allows it to
run from a terminal window from any directory.  I don't know if it does or
not on OSX.

However, I think that you have probably identified the problem correctly,
that is, the missing files in the Pango installation.

Thanks,

Carl