Re: error in predefined chord diagram?

From: bart deruyter
Subject: Re: error in predefined chord diagram?
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:03:57 +0100

What's to fix? the predefined fretdiagram of C#° shows a different chord, namely C#dim7, according to Michael Ellis...

I need C#°,  erroneous predefined chord diagrams need to be fixed of course.

http://www.bartart3d.be/

2011/1/29 David Kastrup <address@hidden>
bart deruyter <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've noticed something strange in the predefined chord diagrams for
> guitar. While writing on my book for teaching guitar, I noticed the
> chord C# diminished is weird to say at the least. The fret diagram is
> very wrong I'm afraid :
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/predefined-
> fretboard-diagrams
> To be more precise, it shows the use of the third fret on the g-
> string. Last time I checked, this is A# or Bb. What does this do in C#
> diminished?

Uh, why wouldn't it be in C# diminuished?  It's a minor third below C#,
or three minor thirds above it.

> Or am I so very mistaken?
>
> What should I do to fix this in my code?

What's to fix?

--
David Kastrup