Re: error in predefined chord diagram?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: error in predefined chord diagram?
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 11:22:54 +0100

Patrick Schmidt <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 30.01.2011 um 10:45 schrieb bart deruyter:
>
>     I can only  speak for guitarists, because I am a guitarist,
>     classical guitarist, and I'll definatly stick to the correct
>     naming for the correct chords, and I am now going to create my own
>     version of this predefined guitar diagrams list. If all goes well,
>     and I can manage it, I want to upload it for everyones use of
>     course.
>
> This has been discussed on the tablature list and I'm working on a
> solution. There are several problems to solve. For example you can't
> define two different chord shapes for the same chord in one list.

As I mentioned: the task "map keyboard chords in a normal score to
different chords in a normal score" is necessary for other instruments
not concerned with string diagrams at all.

So we should have a mapping infrastructure independent from string
diagrams, and have a function converting a string diagram into an
appropriate string-agnostic data structure for the mapping.

--
David Kastrup