Re: LilyPond and HTML

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: LilyPond and HTML
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 00:47:36 +0100

2011/1/31 Terrence McNulty <address@hidden>:
> I want to add LilyPond music engravings to an HTML page. After reading the
> LilyPond manual, I still do not know how to do this. The sections related to
> lilypond-book give what to this new user seem to be incomplete instructions.
> The instructions for using the initial LilyPond text file to create a ".ly"
> file and turn it into a PDF was clear and complete. Can someone help me with
> instructions for adding LilyPond engravings to an HTML web page? Thanks.
> Terry

You enter the music using html-like <lilypond> ... </lilypond> tags
with the music into them.  Then you run lilypond-book on the html
file.  It is a command-line utility.  The program runs lilypond on the
music fragments and changes lilypond tags for image tags containing
the music.

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/usage-big-page#lilypond_002dbook
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/usage-big-page.html#html
--