fingeringOrientations

From: Peter Buhr
Subject: fingeringOrientations
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:59:15 -0500

G'day. Sorry, if I don't use the correct lilypond nomenclature.

Below are two bars of notes. The first bar is done with 2 voices inline and the
second bar is done with 2 voices out-of-line. In the first bar, the string
positions are not on the left of the notes, while they are in the second bar.
I would like to use the convenience of inline voices AND get the string numbers
in the correct position. Is there some mechanism to accomplish this?

(I have a sneaking suspicion someone is going to tell me this is a know bug and
point me to some URL confirming it. ;-)

\version "2.13.40"
\include "english.ly"
#(set-default-paper-size "letter")
#(set-global-staff-size 24)
VoiceA = \relative c {
        \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left left left left)
        << { <c'-1 g-2>1 } \\ { <c,-3>2 } >> | <c'-1 g-2>1
}
VoiceB = \relative c {
        \set fingeringOrientations = #'(left left left left)
        s1 | <c-3>2
}
\score {
        \new Staff \with {
                \override Fingering #'staff-padding = #'()
        } <<
                \clef "treble_8"
                \key c \major \time 4/4
                \context Voice = one \VoiceA
                \context Voice = one \VoiceB

}

% Local Variables: %
% tab-width: 4 %
% compile-command: "lilypond --ps test.ly" %
% End: %