Re: "cannot open for write" midi error on Windows7

From: Jan Warchoł
Subject: Re: "cannot open for write" midi error on Windows7
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 08:25:50 +0100

Hi,

2011/1/31 Daisy A <address@hidden>:
> Hi all,
> Hope someone can help me. I have a lilypond file that's working perfectly on a
> computer with Windows XP on it but when I drag it to the icon on Windows7 I
> get
> the following error:
>
> error: cannot open for write: /mypath/myfile.mid: No such file or directory
>
> The file does not exist yet but lilypond seems unable to create it on one
> computer when it worked fine on a different one. The only change I made to the
> file was to make sure notepad was using utf-8 but I've tested it with other
> files which also were fine on the other machine and they don't work either.
> I've
> searched and searched but can't find a solution online, hope someone can help.
>
> If it helps, here is my midi output code:
>
>  \midi {
>    \context {
>      \Score
>      tempoWholesPerMinute = #(ly:make-moment 360 8)
>    }
>  }%-------------end-midi
>
> Thanks in advance, Daisy

Do i understand correctly that you are trying to run lilypond on a
file that is located on another computer?
I know that doing this is impossible for me (i mean, if i have a .ly
file in a shared folder on the HDD of my Windows XP machine and i open
the shared folder on my Win 7 machine and try to compile that file, it
doesn't work - i get similar error).
I don't know if this is intended behaviour or bug, though.

hth,
Janek