Re: matching unequal bars in separate staves

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: matching unequal bars in separate staves
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 13:14:05 +0100

On 3 February 2011 22:36, Ralph Palmer <address@hidden> wrote:

> Greetings -
>
> I apologize if I'm re-posting.  I've tried twice; I think the attachment was
> too large.
>
> I'm running LY 2.12.3 under Ubuntu.
>
> I'm trying to engrave an ossia for two staves, and the the three measure
> ossia replaces four measures in the regular staff. I'm attaching an image of
> what I'm looking for. I've tried to find a solution in the manual, in the
> user list archives, and in the Snippets List, with no luck. I've been able
> to get the main staves and the ossia staves, but I can't figure out how to
> get three measures in the ossia to match four measures in the regular
> staves. I suspect cadenza might help somehow. Can anyone help?

IIRC you should remove  "Timing_translator"  and possibly also
 "Default_bar_line_engraver"  from  Score  and move them to  Staff .
Then you will need to play with  \scaleDurations .

Actually it is in the doc,
NR 1.2.3 Displaying rhythms > Polymetric notation
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/displaying-rhythms.html#polymetric-notation

Cheers,
Xavier

--