RE: Hairpin rotation w/ bookending dynamic

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Hairpin rotation w/ bookending dynamic
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 22:36:57 +0000

Mike
From: address@hidden address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden address@hidden
Sent: 06 February 2011 02:29
To: lilypond-user
Subject: Hairpin rotation w/ bookending dynamic

Hey all,

I'm working on a score and I can't figure out how to rotate the hairpin about
the pianississimo -20ish degrees such that the sforzando moves with it.  Before
measuring the distance in horizontal staff space of the hairpin and working
with tangents to get the correct padding override (uuuggggh), can anyone
suggest a quick and dirty way to slant the hairpin downwards and have the
sforzando move along with it?

image @ http://www.apollinemike.com/hairpins.pdf

---

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=562

may get you started and also

http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=284 (although  I haven't tried it I
wondered if you could just rotate your own custom 'object' this way)

There was also a commit from Neil P

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=8af3c27f5b63009a9a8507fcfcc220a93dcbf725

That came out of
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2010-09/msg00573.html.

and this fixed http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=888

So I hope this gives you the tools you need.

It's all a bit beyond me to be honest, but I can follow the principal.

James