Re: spacing between staves

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: spacing between staves
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 15:00:05 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marc Hohl" <address@hidden>
To: "Lilypond-User" <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 10:12 AM
Subject: spacing between staves

Hello all,

after reading the manual and the archives, I have to admit that I am
probably too stupid for the new spacing system.

I have the following song template and I want the staves to be further apart
so they fill about 2/3 of the entire page.

I fiddled around with ridiculously high values for padding, basic-distance and minimum-distance,
but the staves don't move.
Most probably, I overlooked something or misunderstood the manuals completely.
Any hints would be highly apprechiated.

TIA

Marc

Marc,

I've not looked hard at this yet, but I think your example tries to adjust the staff-staff spacing within a system, whereas I think you want to adjust system-system spacing. Have a go with that.

--
Phil Holmes