Re: Rehearsal Marks extend staff lines

From: Nick Baskin
Subject: Re: Rehearsal Marks extend staff lines
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:27:46 -0500

Neil,

Thanks, this works fine. I can deal with the collisions by using overrides.

Appreciatively,
Nick Baskin

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
On 7 February 2011 21:18, Nick Baskin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm working on a piece that requires players to switch from pitched
> percussion notated on a five-line staff to non-pitched percussion notated on
> a one-line staff. I've managed to change the line count using the \stopStaff
> \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'line-count syntax, but if this change happens
> at a rehearsal mark, then the staff lines continue a short way after the
> bar-line into the next measure. From the minimal example, it seems that the
> length of this intrusion is related to the width of the rehearsal mark. Is
> there anything that can be done about this?

Try this:

\override Score.RehearsalMark #'cross-staff = ##t

Its only limitation is that it might lead to collisions due to
preventing the rehearsal mark being accounted for by the skylining
code.

Cheers,
Neil

--
And she forgot the stars, the moon, and sun,
And she forgot the blue above the trees,

www.hastyorisons.blogspot.com