Re: Frescobaldi on gnome

From: Wilbert Berendsen
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi on gnome
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 10:44:25 +0100

Op dinsdag 08 februari 2011 schreef Francisco:

> I'd like to try Frescobaldi into a GNOME environment, i.e. without
> switching to KDE; is this possible at all?  I guess a bunch of
> libraries will need to be installed, but only if they are not
> excessive I'd like to give it a try.  It would be fine to hear from
> experiences of users. Thanks!

Frescobaldi needs the KDE libraries (kdelibs), the KDE python bindings
(PyKDE4) and Okular for the PDF preview. Konsole is used for the builtin
terminal. It does not need a KDE session to be running. Most distros will
automatically install the needed libraries.

best regards,
Wilbert Berendsen

--
Frescobaldi, LilyPond editor for KDE: http://www.frescobaldi.org/