Re: Using lyrics in a markup

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Using lyrics in a markup
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:00:23 +0100

Hello Marc, hello Jakob, hello list,

I just wanted to share a tiny extension of the lyrics->markup function:

            (cond
              ((eq? (ly:music-property lyrics 'name) 'LyricEvent)
               (ly:music-property lyrics 'text))
              ((eq? (ly:music-property lyrics 'name) 'HyphenEvent)
               (list "--"))
              ((eq? (ly:music-property lyrics 'name) 'LineBreakEvent)
               (list linebreakindicator))
;; to include stanza, copy the following three lines into the conditional of the function
              ((and (equal? (ly:music-property lyrics 'name) 'PropertySet)
                    (equal? (ly:music-property lyrics 'symbol) 'stanza))
               (markup #:bold (ly:music-property lyrics 'value)))

So if there are \set stanza statements, they will go into the markup.

Best regards,
Jan-Peter