Re: 2.13.48 not good IMO

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: 2.13.48 not good IMO
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 06:22:00 +0000 (UTC)

胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng <hhpmusic <at> 163.com> writes:

> Hello,  I think 2.13.48 is not as good as 2.13.46. I compiled the work
> I'm working on, in .46, it takes 45 pages, with only a (de)crescendo too
> small warning; while in .48, it takes 48 pages, and gives many that warnings.
> Haipeng

The were two changes that could be expected to take more space.  One change
prevented rests from overlapping a key signature at key changes. The other
change prevents notes from being moved over things, such as bar lines, if
they would be too close vertically to the other thing.

I can imagine these changes might cause the 6% increase in length.

I saw different results with my larger scores.  The scores of 54, 42, and 23
pages stayed the same number of pages.  A 16-page score on .46, takes only 15
pages on .48.  So overall it looks good to me.