Accessing public defines in scheme modules

From: Simon Mackenzie
Subject: Accessing public defines in scheme modules
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 17:53:49 +0700

If I use the following to load a scheme module into a lilypond script file I
can use any of the public interfaces in this current file.

#(load "init/credits.scm")
#(use-modules (init credits)) %get access to the public defines in credits.scm

#(ech 'set-song-number "66.") % ech is a public define in credits.scm. happy to
comply

but...
 if I have the following in the same or a dependant include file the public
defines from credits.scm are now out of scope.

\book {
        \bookpart {
>>>             #(ech 'set-song-number "66.") % fails with a compilation error.
>>> <<<

How do I access the public define in the above scope? denoted by >>> <<<
I would assume I missed a straightforward way to accomplish this task.

Thank you
S Mack