RE: score missing accidentals

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: score missing accidentals
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 17:48:51 +0000

Douglas

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of Douglas Ridgway
Sent: 09 February 2011 17:44
To: James Lowe

Hm - the accidentals showed up in the bassoon-only part, or the complete
conductor's score? I tried changing the key to c in mine, and the bassoon only
part got the accidentals, but the bassoon line in the full score did not. Is
this different from what you see?

I can try to put together a sample .ly, but since the score includes about 30
files, it's not quick and easy.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:04 AM, James Lowe <address@hidden> wrote:
> Doug,
>
> Can you give us a samply .ly file (you'll need to include the global file
> also).
>
> Then we can at least compile it to see.
>
> I did a quick and dirty compile (with no converting) and I did get
> accidentals - for example I changed the key in bassoon1.ly to c major and all
> the accidentals showed up.
>
> James

----

Sorry to be pedantic but make sure

1. You don't top post (put your reply underneath the thread)

2. You always include the group

As regard to what I did, I took the bassoon.ly and simply removed the version
statement (so that LilyPond didn't complain it was too old) and also the
include plus the \globala - which was in the include file. Then I compiled it
'normally'. It didn't look pretty, granted, but I got accidentals.

James