RE: Volta bracket not surviving line break

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Volta bracket not surviving line break
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:34:49 +0000

-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden On Behalf Of ornello
Sent: 10 February 2011 10:06
To: address@hidden

Hi James,

I found the following code in volta-bracket.cc
(Volta_bracket_interface::modify_edge_height):

  if (broken_last_bracket && no_vertical_end && no_vertical_start
      && !broken_first_bracket)
    me->suicide ();

When removing it, the volta bracket is displayed as desired. Seems that the
above statement explicitly removes volta brackets without start and end edge
(there is no comment, however). Do you know the reason?

---

No, this is beyond my knowledge but I think I will update the Tracker issue
with this information.

James