Re: UTF-8 character - inverted quotation marks

From: Susan Dittmar
Subject: Re: UTF-8 character - inverted quotation marks
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 14:09:13 +0100

Quoting Ralph Palmer (address@hidden):
> I'm transcribing some Bartok for my personal use. Apparently, Hungarian uses
> inverted opening quotation marks, like ,,Title". I cannot find inverted
> double quotation marks in the UTF-8 character sets online. Can anyone tell
> me the code for inverted quotation marks?

I do not know Hungarian, but maybe you are looking for U+201E (DOUBLE LOW-9
QUOTATION MARK)?

If not, I can recommend \url{http://www.unicode.org/ucd/} for a search. If
I remember correctly, it's in German, but the important information should
be usable nonetheless, especially as the naming for the glyphs stays in
english.

Hope tht helps,

        Susan