Re: alpha test, horizontal spacing

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: alpha test, horizontal spacing
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:39:33 -0800

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 01:36:45 -0800, Trevor Daniels <address@hidden> wrote:

Keith OHara wrote Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:19 AM

It is looking better now in 2.13.49.
This two-bar example contains several difficult music-engraving
issues, especially if I include the enharmonic spellings and key
cancellation from the original edition.  I think the release
candidate does a decent job.

Yes, although I dislike the excessive overlap of the ledger line and
note with the bar line at the end of the first bar.
2.12 was better in that respect.

That overlap (seen only with tight spacing) bothers me as well.

The re-fix to lyrics spacing under melismata put the clearance over bar lines
/almost/ back to what it was in 2.12.3, but one regtest with lyrics passing
close to a bar line broke if I increased the clearance any more (without doing
extreme things to lyrics).

This is noted as part of issue 1229. I hope we can just increase the clearance
around all things in 'non-musical' columns.  We would need to adjust a couple
reg tests to accommodate this, but still test what we really care about.
-Keith