Re: Non latin, e.g. Nordic letters in titles, lyrics etc. in the lilypon

From: Ben Finney
Subject: Re: Non latin, e.g. Nordic letters in titles, lyrics etc. in the lilypond script
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 07:49:46 +1100

Esa Erola <address@hidden> writes:

> ref. Lilypond v. 2.12.2

AFAIK that version defaults to UTF-8 input unless told otherwise.

> I have not found any way - and not any hint in any of the manuals - to
> have the Lilypond program understand Nordic letters in the script -
> titles, lyrics etc. The program seems to accept the latin1
> interpretations, e.g. ä for ä (a with diaeresis), Ã¥ for å, etc.

Make sure you are saving the input file with UTF-8 encoding; check what
encoding your editor is using for the file.

--
 \        “If you go to a costume party at your boss's house, wouldn't |
  `\     you think a good costume would be to dress up like the boss's |