Re: Use fingering notation for percussion and drum “ sticking”

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Use fingering notation for percussion and drum “ sticking”
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 22:00:53 +0100

Ben Finney <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Oops, this was sent with too little editing, sorry.
>>
>> David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Use \L and \R instead.
>> >
>> > L=-\tweak #'Fingering #'text "L"-1
>> > R=-\tweak #'Fignering #'text "R"-1
>
> (I also corrected the ‘Fignering’ typo.)
>
>> Lilypond will not accept an assignment to R, considering it a
>> multimeasure rest.
>
> Okay, but even with the names different (I've chosen ‘LH’ and ‘RH’),
> LilyPond doesn't like it:
>
>     $ lilypond Hayate.ly
>     GNU LilyPond 2.12.3
>     Processing `Hayate.ly'
>     Parsing...
>     Hayate.ly:12:34: error: syntax error, unexpected STRING
>     RH = -\tweak #'Fingering #'text "R
>                                       "-1

My version (the latest) does.  Could you try the standalone example I
posted later in the same mail starting with the bad "\L..." advice?
This works on my version.  If it fails on yours, it is a version
problem.  If not, you have been putting the above definitions in a
context where they are not allowed.

--
David Kastrup