RE: Scope of scheme defines in Lilypond projects

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: Scope of scheme defines in Lilypond projects
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 09:43:53 +0000

Simon,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Simon Mackenzie
)Sent: 11 February 2011 07:37
)To: address@hidden
)Cc: address@hidden
)Subject: Scope of scheme defines in Lilypond projects
)
)Hi
)I'm wanting to write some globally accessible scheme functions /
)procedures (defines) for my lilypond project but the documentation on
)such seems a bit limited. I.e. Do \header, \page and other contexts
)introduce new variable scopes (assuming yes here)? If so, how can
)scheme functions and variables be defined globally for access in all such
)scopes within a lilypond project?

I am not a scheme programmer but want to check that you have considered the
\include and \global settings?

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/notation/working-with-input-files

Simply put; have a single file with all your 'global' settings in and then you
can include other files that you need - for instance many of the mutopia scores
that are in LilyPond format are done like this with a single 'global' file -
the main score and all the various instrument files - the notes -  done
separately.

You can then add the scheme functions to the one file and then just include
that file in all your other .ly files as needed.

Hope this helps.

James