Error in running Lilypond

From: Father Gordon Gilbert
Subject: Error in running Lilypond
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 08:23:01 -0500

Hi List,

I just finally installed Lilypond and jEdit with LilyPondTool on my PC-BSD box, and I'm having a bit of trouble.

I downloaded a piece from Mutopia, and when I tried to convert-ly, got the following message:

Error running external command.
See the activity log about the problem.
Cannot run probram"/python" (in directory "?usr/home/gord/Documents/songs/LilypondSets"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

Same result when I tried to compile the file.

It's probably a path thing, but I'm not a geek, so I don't necessarily know how to fix these things.

Help?

Gordon+

--
Fr. Gordon Gilbert