Re: can't compile

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: can't compile
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 10:17:35 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Nick Payne" <address@hidden>
Cc: "胡海鹏 - Hu Haipeng" <address@hidden>; <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 1:56 AM

On 2/15/11, Nick Payne <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 15/02/11 09:28, ??? - Hu Haipeng wrote:
>> I'm almost near the end of my second work (still about 80-100 bars not
>> written). The day before yesterday, when I was at bar 362, Lily could
>> still compile it within 2 hours.
> I commented out the \midi { } in the score block and ran another
> compilation. When I checked after a few minutes, System Monitor showed
> that Lilypond was using 1.1Gb of RAM

That sounds like a lot.  After 2.13.50, we added some optimizations.
If anybody sees the same behaviour from current git or 2.13.51, it
might be good to try constructing a Tiny example of the problem so
that programmers can investigate if it's a bug.

Cheers,
- Graham

Once the Windows version of 13.51 is available, I can benchmark memory usage in comparison with 13.35 - I did a memory monitoring exercise on that using my Mikado score.

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-11/msg00257.html

--
Phil Holmes