Re: Get the pitch as number

From: Gilles THIBAULT
Subject: Re: Get the pitch as number
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 14:35:16 +0100

I see now what the problem was. however, I'm not quite sure yet how to
avoid doing similar mistakes in the future, but maybe I'll get used to
it (For example, how do I know that I should start looking for
EventChord rather than NoteEvents?)

You can start looking for NoteEvent but remenber you cannot add a markup to a NoteEvent.
c-"hello" %% allowed ( equivalent to <c>-"hello" )
<c-"hello"> %% not allowed

What I want to do is to map a 43-tone scale (octave divided
in 43-tones) to the first 43 tones of the chromatic scale so it is
important that I can tell middle C from C in the first octave.
ly:pitch-semitones seemed to be an appropriate method.

+1 (didn't understantood that. Sorry)

Gilles