Re: Use custom font's flat (b) and sharp (#) symbols for chords

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Use custom font's flat (b) and sharp (#) symbols for chords
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 11:09:29 -0700

On 2/16/11 2:29 AM, "Matthias Hüsken"
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> thx so far. Sorry for my English, I think I did not make myself clear enough,
> so I'll try to elaborate a little more.

Your English is great.  I just think that none of us knew how to answer you.

> So, what I would ideally like to have is a way of making Lilypond use "b"
> and "#" from a custom font, but exclusively in chord mode.

I think you mean "exclusively in the ChordNames context", rather than
"exclusively in chord mode"

> I did quite some
> searching but did not come up with anything useful, so I already feared it
> might not be easy (or doable at all...).

I think you can redefine alteration->text-accidental-markup  (it's found in
scm/chord-name.scm.

I don't think that you need to edit scm/chord-name.scm.  A definition in
your input file should redefine the existing procedure.

HTH,

Carl